We’re Hiring Social Media Ambassadors!
The Social Media Ambassador position helps to facilitate the online presence of the Learning Support Centre. Using social media outlets such as Twitter and Instagram. The Social Media Ambassador will liaise on social media accounts with staff, students and the wider campus community to answer questions, share information and guide other students through accessing services.
- Facilitate the social media presence through posts, shares, favourites, likes and comments on a regular basis
- Serve as a digital point of contact for students engaging with Thames Students Inc. social media accounts by answering basic questions about services, events and resources available
- Work closely with TSI staff to maintain and keep up-to-date information available to students and staff through social media regarding support services.
- Collaborate with TSI staff and the social media coordinator to create campaigns and online branding strategies to maintain high levels of social media engagement with the TSI community, including (but not limited to) contests, hashtag generation, and student-friendly content creation
From the first day of classes to the last day of classes in a given semester.
The Social Media Ambassador is compensated at a rate of $14.00 per hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation. The Social Media Ambassador may work a maximum of 5 hours per week (hours are not guaranteed and number of hours per week may change subject to demand). The Social Media Ambassador is expected to complete bi-weekly pay records. Pay is deposited bi-weekly via direct deposit.
Academics and Time Commitment
The Social Media Ambassador can make available up to 5 hours a week (actual number may vary, subject to demand). The Social Media Ambassador is a student first and is therefore expected to model positive academic habits and maintain a strong GPA throughout the duration of their employment. The Social Media Ambassador is expected to give the responsibilities of the position priority over all other college activities except those which pertain to his/her academic success.
Qualifications and Conditions of Employment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills; proof of technical writing ability required
- Ability to exercise creativity and critical thinking
- Ethical judgement and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Skilled in Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Facebook, plus Microsoft Office Suite 2013
- Graphic design and webpage editing skills considered an asset
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to use initiative
- Prior to the commencement of the term of the contract, each candidate must complete the following:
- Attend mandatory training session
- Completion and submission of all required paperwork
Apply for a Position
If you are interested in becoming a Thames Students Inc.Social Media Ambassador for the current academic year please send a resume to email@example.com
Note that applications are kept on file for one academic year.
Deadline To Apply: October 30th, 2020